If you live in an area that isn’t serviced by a public sewage system, you’ll need to have a septic system installed. Since your system needs to be in peak working condition to ensure the proper function of your indoor plumbing, you need to know how to identify septic problems. In this article, we will tell you about some of the signs of trouble, as well as why you should seek expert Fairfield County septic services.
Signs and Symptoms of Septic Tank Problems
If you know where to look, you’ll see when you’re developing septic tank problems. You’re also likely to smell when something is going wrong. Some of the things to look out for include:
- Issues when flushing your toilet. If your toilet won’t flush at all or it’s slow to flush, and the plunger doesn’t do the trick, your tank may be full or the pipes could be clogged.
- Gurgling sounds in your pipes. If your pipes are making noise when you flush your toilet or turn on your faucet, your tank may have problems.
- Unpleasant odors. The smell of something like rotten eggs, especially in the area where your tank is buried, may be a buildup of toxic sulfur.
- Standing water. Puddles of smelly water near your drain field could be a sign of serious septic system failure, so you need urgent repair work done.
- Greener grass. If a patch of grass in your yard is flourishing but you haven’t been watering it more, your drain field is probably failing.
Causes of Septic Drain Field Problems
Some of the issues that can develop in your system are due to the drain field, not necessarily the tank. Septic drain field problems can be caused by a range of practices, including planting trees, parking cars, or heavy equipment being on the area. Other things that may prompt you to search for septic repair services include:
- Lack of regular septic tank cleaning
- Solids leaving the septic tank without getting proper treatment
- Too much grease entering the system and cutting off all the oxygen
- Compacted soil or broken piping
- Old septic system designs that include cesspools and seepage pits
Sometimes, it’s not immediately obvious why you’re having issues with your system. That’s why it’s important to hire professionals who know how to diagnose problems and fix them efficiently and effectively.
EcoSeptic Can Fix Your Septic System Problem in Fairfield County
If you see signs of any type of septic system problem, call the experts at EcoSeptic. Located in Westport, CT, we serve Fairfield, Trumbull, Shelton, and Newtown in Fairfield County. We’re one of the leading septic companies in the area, and we serve residential and commercial customers. Contact us today to discuss your needs!